Thursday, June 14, 2007

Getting Back in the Flow


I've been cruising my old blogosphere stomping grounds today. Veeeeery satisfying. I've missed my "homies" (called that because surely those of us who are thrashing out issues related to the socially-constructed, political notion of "race" are, in fact, neighbors in our hearts and minds just as much as if we were living down the block from each other).


Sokari at Black Looks offers a comprehensive and harrowing description of how fences and walls are going up all over the world to keep us all apart (as if!).

Rachel at Rachel's Tavern has a post on the continuing saga of black face that, while a few days old, I haven't been able to get out of my mind.

And finally, Kevin (the Thin Black Duke) at Slant Truth has an excellent discussion about what is and is not cultural appropriation.

Get a cup of coffee, kick back, and join the party.

No comments: