Monday, January 17, 2011

The Real Truth Behind the Murder of MLK



"The issue is injustice...Let us rise up tonight with a greater readiness, let us stand with a greater determination, and let us move on in these powerful days, these days of challenge to make America what it ought to be."

This quote is from a speech by Martin Luther King, Jr., to the sanitation workers in Memphis, Tennessee, the day before he was shot and killed by an off-duty Memphis police officer.

You hadn't heard? You find it horrible to imagine? You don't want to believe me? Check out what Dick Gregory and Steve Cokely have to say about it (prepare to be seriously shocked, depressed, disappointed and angry):



Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Part 4


Part 5

Part 6
When I first watched these, thanks to one of the principle folks that regularly supply me with information, I was so bummed out, I couldn't even pass it on. And I'm sure there are those who will feel that this is the wrong day to do it. But I disagree.
Martin Luther King, Jr., didn't die because he gave the "I Have a Dream" speech. He didn't die because he was a minister. He died because he did stuff and he spoke Truth to Power. And Power doesn't like the truth.
Today, a group in Minnesota is calling for us to remember that the FBI and the system it works to maintain are still attacking those who stand for justice and peace for all people -- just as King did. They are disseminating a leaflet you can download in several forms. Martin Luther King didn't stop until they stopped him. If we do nothing but listen to a speech and nod, we're no different than the ones that helped to kill him.

6 comments:

Reggie said...

Very interesting post.

Blaque Ink said...

I agree.

changeseeker said...

Thanks, guys. Did it bum you out (like it did me) or had you already heard about this?

Blaque Ink said...

I had suspicions, and it did bum me out at first, but then again, I always knew that there was a conspiracy even within King's closest group. At least that's what I got out of it.

changeseeker said...

I think that's what bothered me the most, Blaque. The cop shooter wasn't a shock. The riflemen on the roof didn't surprise me (much). But the participation of the men who were supposed to be his closest comrades made me too, too sad. Is it always those closest? Always? Sigh.

Blaque Ink said...

It is sad, but a little shocking, but not quite surprising. I still think the government was involved with the JFK assassination and that LBJ had a part in it.