Sunday, February 15, 2009

How Change Happens

I'm sorry I've been quiet. I spent two days at an African American Studies conference last week. Besides having my regular duties to perform. But the reason I didn't post was that I was pretty heavily distracted by a series of incidents and events that, to be honest with you, rocked my world somewhat.

I'm not at liberty to discuss it here, but suffice it to say I made the front page of two newspapers last week even though I was dodging reporters like a gandy dancer. My job has been more than a little threatened. My anonymity as a blogger is shot to hell. It's far, far from over and, in the middle of it all, a student of mine sent this video to the members of the sociology club I advise. Even though it's an hour long, I'm going to post it here because it's just that good.


_________________________________________________________

The poster featured above is by Ricardo Levins Morales and is available from the Northland Poster Collective.

No comments: