Friday, May 30, 2008

"See" You Next Week?

For those of you in the New Orleans area, I will be on television Tuesday morning, June 3rd, at 9:30 a.m. on NOA-TV, Channel 76. The show is called "Knowing Your Family History" and is hosted by Antoinette Harrell, an expert on geneology and the practice of peonage (present day slavery). Harrell's personal ancestral exploration uncovered her descendance from the Tuareg tribe in West Africa who she visited for a month after discovering her connection. I'll be posting more on Harrell's work next week, but in the meantime, I wanted you to look for us on Tuesday, if you can. I'll be talking about how I learned several years ago that I have ancestors who became millionaires in the early 1800's in Kentucky and Virginia by the brutal use and abuse of hundreds slaves of African descent. (You can just imagine how I received THAT news.) My understanding is that the show will appear at least a couple of times per week for the rest of June, but I don't know the exact times. And if I can work it out, I'll put a film clip on YouTube, as well.

No comments: