Sunday, November 28, 2010

Buika: My One and Only Love



I've been away. As you can tell. Away in my heart. And with my heart. I tried to be in love with someone besides My Work. And it didn't work. Why am I not surprised? He wasn't.

But I'm back. The next two weeks are the last two of the semester. So I may be here or not. But you will be hearing from me shortly and much, much, much.

In the meantime, to remind you that I do, in fact, despite any message my absence sent, love you all and this blog more than I can say, I'm posting a new find: a woman born to African immigrants on the island of Mallorca and named Buika who was recently introduced to many of us in the U.S. by National Public Radio. In the YouTube clip above, she performs with trumpet virtuoso Terell Stafford.

1 comment:

profacero said...

I love Buika!